Title: Staff Accountant
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Experience: 1-2 years
Location: Ferriday, LA and surrounding area
Benefits: Standard medical and other benefits offered.
Delta Fuel Company is a distribution company is an oil and gas company that delivers fuel and oil products to other companies and jobsites all over the country. This position provides the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a team-based culture, attractive benefits and excellent work life balance.
Delta Fuel Company is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to work in the Accounting department in our Ferriday, LA corporate office. We are looking for someone who has the drive and personality to integrate into our Accounting team and will be proactively involved in the ongoing development of the department and workflow.
- Paid holidays
- Company-provided health insurance and life insurance
- 401 (K) plan with employer match
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail; accurate and well organized.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and continually meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Experience in PDI software is a plus
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITES
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts.
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns per state requirements.
- Prepare invoices and pay taxes through the AP process.
- Accurately process payments within the system for ACH customers.
- Prepare multiple reports needed for monthly ledger entries, primarily for fuel tax purposes.
- Responsible for month-end close activities related to expenditure accruals, intercompany accounting, revenue accounting, and other areas as needed. Develop and process all journal entries according to GAAP.
- Support periodic audit efforts with internal and external auditors.
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of operating procedures, policies, and standards.
- Identifying new processes and reviewing existing ones to create a more efficient workflow and insuring controls for processes are accurate and compliant. Leveraging technology to automate processes and procedures surrounding financial reporting and analysis and assuming ownership of special projects to develop and implement improvements in current processes and systems.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities, including reconciliations, budget variance reports, and general account analysis.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Organization, financial accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and interacting at all levels of the organization.
- Perform basic math computations, exhibit strong attention to detail and work with superior accuracy.
- Exhibit energy and enthusiasm and willingness to learn new things