Opening Date: 7-25-17
Title: Class B CDL Licensed Truck Driver
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Shreveport, LA
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Quarterly Safety Bonus
Position Salary Range: Competitive hourly rates offered
POSITION OVERVIEW: The fundamental purpose for this position is to make local deliveries in the Shreveport, East Texas and North Louisiana area. Will be required to deliver multiple products types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives truck to transport diesel, gasoline, lubricants.
• Maintains contact with dispatch or supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to delivery location.
• Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
• Inspects and maintains delivery vehicles to ensure safety and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Delivers and unloads fuel to customer’s satisfaction.
• Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers.
• Function “on-call” in order to respond to emergency or after hour call-outs when needed on rotational basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.
• Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills.
• Ability to read and understand maps, routes, and road signs.
• Ability to pass DOT pre-employment drug screening and meet DOT medical requirements. Pass background check, road test, driving record review.
• Must have a Class B Driver’s License in good standing, with good driving record
• Must have or able to obtain Hazmat & Tank Endorsement within 60 days
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Requirements – High School Diploma or GED and one year of CDL experience
• Preferred Requirements – Class A with Hazmat & Tank endorsement, and Propane Certification
• REQUIRED – Throughout Northeast Louisiana as required for delivery – Returns to home terminal daily