The Controller will be responsible for maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, comply with all tax reporting requirements, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This position will have management responsibility over: preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, budgets and projections, and the following functions; accounts payable/disbursements, treasury management, payroll, risk management, inventory, tax reporting, and customer credit.
In addition, the Controller will work with Company external CPA’s and banking relationships to provide needed information on a timely basis.
The Controller will report to the CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – REPORTING
- Issue accurate and timely monthly financial statements.*
- Manage the production of annual budgets, forecasts and projections.* *
- Monitor cash/available funds and report to upper management.* *
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.* *
- Report on significant budget variances.* *
- Coordinate the providing of information to external auditors.* *
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with related covenants.* *
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.* *
- Provide financial analysis as needed, particularly for CAPEX.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – TRANSACTIONS
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Make sure that bills are being paid timely to vendors.
- Ensure that customer accounts are being paid timely and payments are recorded accurately.
- Ensure that payroll is being processed properly and that all taxes and benefits are being properly accounted for.
- Ensure that all account reconciliations are being done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make sure that all new accounts, vendor and customer, are being properly set up.
- Make sure that all debt payments are made timely and accounted for properly.
- Ensure that all taxes are being captured and paid accurately and timely.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent business experience of 10+ years. CPA preferred but not required. Require at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a corporate accounting department, preferably as a Controller.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY
- Strong organizational skills.* *
- Strong analytical, data analysis, and problem-solving skills.* *
- Proven ability to manage people and communicate effectively.*